I’ve gotten a number of views already since going public with my blog, well since sharing it on social media. That tells me that there are certainly people out there that are asking/seeking help in trying to cut back or quit alcohol. I just want to give some idea of what I went through the first week and how I got past this part (which I think is the hardest part, at least it was for me). I want people to have some “meat” on the subject, something you can use.
First of all, I read anything and everything I could get my hands on. This is the list of books I have read since starting my journey and I am still reading and will continue to post books on here for reference.
1. This Naked Mind by Annie Grace
2. The Alcohol Experiment by Annie Grace (and I signed up for her 30 day alcohol experiment which is free)
3. The Sober Diaries by Clare Pooley
4. The Upside of Stress by KellyMcGonigal
5. The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober by Catherine Grey
6. We are the Luckiest (The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life) by Laura McKowen
7. Sober on a Drunk Planet by Sean Alexander
8. Stumbling into Sobriety by Tracy “Dot Com” Collins
9. A Happier Hour by Rebecca Weller
10. Kick the Drink…Easily by Jason Vale
The first 3 listed were instrumental in keeping me sober. Like I mentioned, I was only doing this for 45 days. So I was still thinking I was just taking a break. I think I can honestly say, if I would’ve just done the 45 days without doing any reading or research, I probably would’ve gone back to drinking on day 46. But once I started reading everything and got involved in the 30 Day Alcohol Experiment with Annie Grace, it really opened my eyes as to what alcohol truly is. By the way, with Annie Grace’s program you can participate in any or all she has to offer even while you continue to drink. I think that helps so many people because it’s not scary.
Leave a Reply